30 Hollywood Couples Who Have Proven Love Can Last Forever
Anyone who read celebrity gossip news knows that Hollywood relationships are notoriously short-lived. Another day, another split, another cover story. However, not all celebrity couples are destined to split. In fact, there are many stars are having a happy marriage with their long-time partner. The following 30 Hollywood couples prove that love can last forever.
1. Kevin Kline And Phoebe Cates - 30 Years Together
Kline and Cates first met while auditioning for 1983's The Big Chill. Although Cates didn't get the part she was vying for, she ended up getting a lifelong partner. The pair got married in 1989 and have two children together, musician Greta and actor Owen.
2. Oprah Winfrey And Stedman Graham - 33 Years Together
Oprah Winfrey and her longtime partner Stedman Graham have been together for a whopping 33 years. Winfrey began dating Graham back in 1986, the same year The Oprah Winfrey Show launched. The couple got engaged in November 1992, but the wedding ceremony never took place.
3. Samuel L. Jackson And Latanya Richardson - 39 Years Together
The couple met during their college years while Jackson was a student at Morehouse and Richardson attended Spelman. These two love birds have managed to stay together for nearly four decades while raising a daughter and winning in their respective careers.
4. Goldie Hawn And Kurt Russell - 36 Years Together
Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell are undeniably one of Hollywood's most well-loved couples. They met while filming The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band, but their romance only blossomed when they reconnected on the set of Swing Shift. For 36 years, Hawn and Russell have spent their lives together.
5. Denzel And Pauletta Washington - 41 Years Together
The couple started dating in 1978, a year later after they met while filming the film Wilma. Denzel proposed to Pauletta three times before she finally agreed to marry him in 1983. They have four children together, including actor John David.
6. Kevin Bacon And Kyra Sedgwick - 30 Years Together
Actor and musician Bacon met actress Sedgwick on the set of Lemon Sky in the late '80s and married shortly afterward in 1988. Three decades later, they became one of the longest-lasting couples in Hollywood. Together they have two children, Travis and Sosie.
7. Kirk Douglas And Anne Buydens - 65 Years Together
The couple has been married since 1954. When asked why their marriage has lasted so long, Douglas replied, "I just told my wife, if you ever leave me, I'm going with you!" What an adorable couple!
8. Michael J. Fox And Tracy Pollan - 31 Years Together
The two met when Tracy played Michael's first love interest on Family Ties and got hitched in 1988. They have four children together. Michael has once said of family, "Family is not an important thing. It's everything."
9. Ellen Degeneres And Portia De Rossi - 15 Years Together
Famous comedian and television host Ellen has been with actress De Rossi since 2004. They didn't tie the knot until 2008.
10. Will Smith And Jada Pinkett Smith - 24 Years Together
These two started dating in 1994 after meeting on the set of Fresh Prince of Bel Air. They married in 1997 and have two children, Jaden and Willow.
11. Michael Caine And Shakira Baksh - 43 Years Together
Oscar-winning actor Michael Caine met Guyanese actress and model Shakira Caine in a Maxwell House coffee commercial. Their mutual friend gave him her telephone number. Michael called Shakira every day for ten days until she finally agreed to meet him, and the rest is history.
12. Bono And Alison Hewson - 43 Years Together
U2 singer Bono and Alison Hewson began dating in 1976 when he was 15 and she 16. They married in 1982 and are the proud parents of four children, including actress Memphis Eve.
13. Jamie Lee Curtis And Christopher Guest - 35 Years Together
Best known for her role as Laurie Strode in the horror film Halloween, "scream queen" Jamie Lee Curtis enjoys a pretty sweet life off-screen. She fell in love with Christopher Guest in 1984 when she first saw a picture of him from the movie This Is Spinal Tap. Five months later, she married him.
14. David And Victoria Beckham - 22 Years Together
Former football superstar David started dating Victoria Posh Spice Adams after they met at a charity football match in early 1997. The two got married two years later. Now they have four children, sons Brooklyn Joseph, Romeo James, Cruz David, and daughter Harper Seven.
15. Sting And Trudie Styler - 37 Years Together
English actress Sting and rock musician Trudie started dating in 1982 but waited ten years to tie the knot. They have four children, including actress Bridget Michael and musician Eliot Paulina.
16. Elton John And David Furnish - 26 Years Together
Singer Elton John and filmmaker David Furnish have been together since 1993. They got married in 2014. The two now have two sons, Zachary and Elijah, who share the same surrogate mother.
17. Colin Firth And Livia Giuggioli - 22 Years Together
The duo met in Colombia while working on the miniseries Nostromo in 1996. They exchanged vows the next year. Colin described seeing her wife for the first time as "a bolt to the heart." Together they have two sons, Luca and Matteo.
18. Robert Downey Jr. And Susan Levin - 13 Years Together
Our beloved Iron Man married producer Susan Levin in August 2005 after two years of dating. Susan gave birth to their first child, Exton Elias Downey, in February 2012 and their second child, Avri Roel, in November 2014.
19. Tom Hanks And Rita Wilson - 31 Years Together
Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have been together for 31 years. Each of them has successful acting and producing careers. The pair have two children together, and Hanks has two children from his previous marriage.
20. Lisa Kudrow And Michel Stern - 26 Year Together
The actress and the French advertising executive met in 1987 but didn't start dating until six years later. They married in 1995 and have one son named Julian Kudrow Stern.
21. LeBron James And Savannah Brinson - 17 Years Together
22. Beyoncé And Jay Z - 19 Years Together
23. Catherine Zeta-Jones And Michael Douglas - 20 Years Together
24. Meryl Streep And Don Gummer - 41 Years Together
25. Felicity Huffman And William H. Macy - 37 Years Together
26. Hugh Jackman And Deborra-Lee Furness - 23 Years Together
27. Cindy Crawford And Rande Gerber - 21 Years Together
28. Sarah Jessica Parker And Matthew Broderick - 28 Years Together
29. Julia Roberts And Daniel Moder - 19 Years Together
30. Mark Wahlberg And Rhea Durham - 18 Years Together
16 Celebrities Who Drive The World's Most Expensive Cars
20 Stunning Celebrity Wives - How Do They Look Now?
34 CELEBRITY HOUSES
10 Hairstyles That Make You Look 10 Years Younger
23 Incredible Celebrity Cars
Take A Tour Of Obama's New Home Before It's Banned
The 25 Dogs Breeds That Live The Longest
15 Eye-Catching Celebs Destroyed By Plastic Surgery
Military Diet: Lose Up To Ten Pounds In Three Days
77 Incredible Celebrity Cars
What The Stars Of "Crocodile Dundee" Are Up To Today
Travolta Addresses Rumors
12 Celebrity Net Worths That May Surprise You
20 Shelter Dogs On The Day They Are Adopted
15 Laziest Dog Breeds That Will Keep Your Couch-Potato Life Company
20 Intimate Pictures That Tell Barack And Michelle Obama's Beautiful Love Story
20 Stars Who Married Unattractive Spouses
16 Celebrity Dads You Didn't Know Have Surprisingly Stunning Sons